Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kiel James Patrick: Croffix Sailing Belt


As the days get warmer and the promise of summer quickly approaches, I usually browse around for my yearly braided rope sailor's bracelet - a summer tradition I've kept for years.  However, it has always bothered me how quickly they begin to deteriorate, not to mention how they tend to acquire a certain funk from never fully drying after a day on the water.  Thanks to Kiel James Patrick, you can have the best of both worlds with his removable woven sailors' bracelets hand woven in Rhode Island.  They are seriously awesome and come in a variety of styles. 


This past holiday season I got my hands on a KJP Croffix Sailing belt, which is a take of the classic braided rope bracelet in belt form.  It is one of their newer products and has quickly become a favorite of mine.



The craftsmanship is really superb, hand-crafted in Rhode Island of vegetable tanned leather and hand knotted nautical cord.  The reverse is reinforced with a preppy tartan fabric and has the option of a solid brass D-ring buckle as well.  It comes in a variety of cool colors, but I really like the versatility of the weathered blue.  I wear it almost everyday and its perfect for that year round punch of nautical style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...